Sunday, September 30, 2012

Goodbye Alizarin

8 June 2010- 29 September 2012

My rat Alizarin passed on tonight. She was really old.  I had a feeling earlier today that she was dying...she was acting slow (although still eating!) and she felt colder than usual.  Ali couldn't have had a better passing...she went peacefully, painlessly, at home in her hammock with her friend there to soothe her, after a really long and happy life.  I will miss her; she was my special Siamese Beauty Queen.  I had always wanted a Siamese rat, and I adopted her a couple of years ago at Ratfest.

Ali was extremely hyper, addicted to her wheel and chocolate, she was the only rat that bit me more than once, deliberately, although that stopped when she settled in and got comfy in her forever home.

I hope she is there at the Rainbow Bridge with Quinacridone who passed on in March.

Now Umber is all alone, poor guy. :(

Here is a picture of Ali being lazy in her hammock.

5 comments:

Becca Drach said...

Jessica, so sorry about Ali, I know how sad such things are, I am glad to know she passed peacefully. She was a beauty.

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Jessica. I hope we will all be at Rainbow Bridge one day to see everyone!!! Hugs to you!
Julie

Sandra Heading said...

Hang in there oily girl .... Love from Oily oz girl ...x

Alex said...

Aw, condolences. xo

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Jessica,

Just wanted to pop over and tell you that I'm thinking of you as Hurricane Sandy bears down on the East coast. I hope you and Daya stay safe and well ~ xo

P.S. - So sorry to read that Ali passed away...always so sad to lose a beloved pet. xo