Monday, July 09, 2012

In the Cemetery

Well, I finally found a place where I can paint in peace and quiet- the local cemetery! I will never know why I didn't think of this sooner.

I did 2 paintings in 3 1/2 hours.

6x8 oil on panel
After I finished this painting I went to check out the grave up close, it was specially marked as someone from the civil war!



8x10 oil on panel
This angel marks the grave site of four children- with the rest of the family surrounding. The children were between the ages of 9 months to 4 years, from the 1870s and 1880s.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Wonderful Jessica! You are getting better and better every day...just amazing! I could only dream of having a talent like this! WOWZERS!!!

Bruce B. Hancock said...

Both paintings have a feeling of peace about them. I'm particularly taken with the "civil war" marker painting. The light in it is exceptionally well done...creating a wonderful mood and sense of place. I'm also impressed with the reflections in the polished granite head stone. Well DONE!

Becca said...

Jessica, these are amazing! The cemetery agrees with you:) I do think it makes for a powerful statement as well..

soulbrush said...

I do so love cemeteries- they are wonderful places just to sit quietly and ponder.Hugs from frantic London.