topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Stapleton Kearns

Today I met Stapleton Kearns!  He posted that he was painting in Central Park today, so I took a slightly long lunch and went to say hello.

Stape is a very friendly person, and he talked to me for a long time.  He has a pink camera and I tried on his eyeglasses.  Perhaps now I can say I have seen through the eyes of a master painter?

I deeply appreciate people who are true masters of their craft yet remain not only friendly, but truly strive to share their knowledge.  If I ever become so proficient, I want to be like that too.  Admittedly, it isn't every day one gets to meet such an accomplished painter- next to Stape I really feel like I know nothing, but not meaning that in a negative way.  It doesn't make me feel bad, it makes me want to take one of his workshops.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely take a workshop. How lucky you are to be in an area that you can do such things. I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do take a workshop! Shoulds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, do the workshop!

    Thanks so much for the introduction to this great guy and his work and I am so glad you enjoyed meeting with him!

    Rolina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3