topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Watch Out! There's Some Nudity About!

Friday night was the Draw-a-Thon at Pratt, and I went this year, and I made it through the whole night!



I don't have a whole lot to show for it work-wise, mostly a bunch of drawings like these below, which are between 3 and 10 minutes.  I prefer 5 minutes or less for figure drawing.  It's better to go fast, and it was so nice to work with live models again.  All the figure drawing is one of the things I miss most about being in school.

These are all 18x24 conte on newsprint, click for larger view:





It's such a different world, Pratt and the art environment in general.  I really miss it.  Being back in that space, in that zone was literally like being on vacation.  And I saw a old friend from my college years, which was really great.

I also did one ink wash drawing which is not finished, a pastel drawing which is not finished, and a really terrible painting with a bad pose and terrible lighting.  It was so crowded- very difficult to find space.  I even had to drink coffee...nasty stuff!  But all in all it was a great time and I am definitely going back next year.

2 comments:

  1. How fun, Jessica! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you captured the way the model posed. That model way of cocking ones body. Sounds like you had fun despite the coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3