topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Really Cool Central Park Tree

There is a tree in Central Park that I particularly love.  It lives right by the zoo.  This tree reminds me of one of my most favorite genius artists of all time, Eyvind Earle.

Eyvind Earle used to live here in NYC.  He ran laps around Central Park a lot.  I like to think that he, too, saw and loved this particular tree, and that he also found inspiration in it.

This painting was very much an experiment, mostly to see if I could pull it off alla prima, meaning all in one session.  It took a little over 2 hours.

8x10 oil on linen panel


3 comments:

  1. This is so interesting!!! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured the sunlight on the top of these trees beautifully. I can see it filtering down in the other trees too. This tree has been honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3