topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, April 03, 2011

My Sweet Rose (after Waterhouse)

I have been working on this painting since January.  It's big, and it was difficult and frustrating, but was a great learning experience.   This painting also prompted me to get my new easel, which was a long-overdue upgrade.

24x36  (61x91cm)  oil on canvas
(click image for larger view)



I have also been studying like mad.
Finished these 2 books cover to cover:




And have made serious progress reading these:






3 comments:

  1. Jessica, congrats on it all...lovely work on this painting that challenged you! And the books look outstanding, I can't wait to see the landscapes you paint next.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lady looks marvelous Jess. Love all the detail in the roses. Those books are great reading. I hope you glean little bits of wisdom that you can incorporate into your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is so beautiful!!! The whole painting is incredible, Jessica!!! WOW!!!! You are just somethin else, girl!!!!!

    I might look into the one book you are reading called THE ART SPIRIT. Will see if the library has it! Neat books, all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3