topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Plein Air 32

We spent the day in Central Park and had a wonderful time. I did a little painting while Daya played in the grass.

For today's painting I used 2 new colors- Indian Yellow and Maganese blue. I like them very, very much but also think the addition of cadmium yellow would have made more variations in the greens.  I was really trying to go for masses and impression over details.

Alizarin crimson, Indian yellow, Maganese blue, French Ultramarine, and Titanium white.

6x8 oil on panel


Daya got her face painted:

4 comments:

  1. I can only dream on going to Central Park one day! How wonderful for you both! Your painting is really cool. You are gonna have your paintings in the Met one of these days! Daya sure is growing up quickly and she is so pretty! Have a great October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and loose Jess , much more so than others, wonderful!! and Daya looks very sweet all painted up too ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have turned a corner with this one Jessica!!!

    Daya is really growing up, I can see it even though the paint.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I noticed art as one of your interests, I started a new art blog maybe u'll like it! Thanks and keep up great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3