topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Willow 3 (PRT)

I am very pleased with tonight's painting. I learned a lot- very specifically about thin application of paint while working alla prima. This is something I have been really struggling with, especially working small-scale en plein air.

The palette is a combination I discovered while experimenting back in college. It makes nice subtle tones and I enjoy working with it occasionally: Venetian (or Indian/any earth) red, naples yellow, and cerulean blue. (with mars black and titanium white)

6x8 oil on panel, an hour and a half

2 comments:

  1. How cool is this? I love all your willow renditions! This one is so awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work your doing with these Jess, will make a wonderful set when your done!! love the (PRT)label! cool..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3