topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Duchess

My friend commissioned this painting for her daughter's birthday. She wanted to give a gift with special meaning rather than the typical stuff.

8x10
oil on panel



I need to have April Art goals- here they are:
1) finish the grisaille for Twilight
2)study up on plein air painting and practice! I just got my copy of Edgar Payne's "Composition of Outdoor Painting", which is like the plein air bible. And I also got a sketchbook to keep a plein air journal- something I wish i did from the start. I wish I had noted down the palettes I used for different paintings- some I remember some i do not. But I put everything in to date, and will keep more detailed records going forward.
3) start that wedding painting that needs to be done before Memorial day

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, Great looking portrait my girl, and good luck with you goals this month, I myself never do that as I would then never get any of it done!! lol... great talking to you oily chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet doggie. It is a beautiful painting. Who ever gets this has a treasure. You have been mighty busy with your record keeping. Good job. I wish I was so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I love this puppy portrait, it is sweet and very well done. I am certain art will fill your day, goals or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3