topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Yellow Rose

Well, it's March and that means a new art goal. Anatomy Month was pretty short lived but at least I did something with it.

I have to finish a commission this month, so that's my goal. :)

Tonight I played around with my pan pastels some more. I much prefer using them on paper than pastel board. I need to practice. A lot. Ultimately this will really help with my oil painting, specifically in color and laying down a brush stroke then leaving it alone. Pastels, IMHO, are more difficult to work with than oils.

9x12 pastel on Canson paper

5 comments:

  1. I just adore yellow roses! I love the orange highlights too!!! Hi to you and Daya! Hope you will have a lovely springtime in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow roses are my favorites. They remind me of my brother who is long dead. He was such a bright spot in my life. This picture looks dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. difficult? no ways, you aced this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this piece. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jess, wonderful colouring in this peice....!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3