topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, February 04, 2010

More Hands

This has been an odd week, and I'm honestly not sure where it went. All day yesterday I thought it was Tuesday- I would have placed money on it.

Tonight are a few more hands, from Burne Hogarth. I have to say I'm suprised at all the notes I've gotten indicating you don't think copies of hand drawings are boring, but then again you are all fabulous so there should be no suprise.

I fully admit I am not in a tight technical drawing mood, even if my pencil is really sharp. But getting good at anything requires discipline, and if I don't practice I won't improve.

I like graphite just fine, and firmly believe that drawing is absolutely essential to creating visual art, but I really miss my oils. This weekend, or maybe tomorrow night, I will do a hand painting.



6 comments:

  1. Excellent drawing. Accomplishing those gestures is not easy, esp with pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a great job your doing here Jess, i do think drawing is somthing that helps us acheive a higher standed of artwork....keep at girl and before you know it you'll be drawing those hands in your sleep.........

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are coming around in the second one. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,,,hands are so hard...but not for a true artist...which you demonstrate here!!! Great job! I am gonna be loving your anatomy work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never get art to imitate life, but I think you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hand drawings! I wish I had the patience for drawing human anatomy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3