topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Jan 2010

Well, 2010 is finally here. I wish you all a peaceful and joy-filled year.

My intentions are mostly artistic, and once again I intend to drink a lot of tea. :D

Last year I started the year off with Denise Linn's Soul Coaching program, and I'm doing it again this year, officially starting tomorrow but I did the prep work today.
I got so much out of Soul Coaching last year, and am really looking forward to the positive changes and insights it brings this year.

There are two journals kept during the 28 days of the program- a process journal and a joy journal. The joy journal I have decided to keep here.

The Vasari Paint Angel visited and brought some very nice paint...I had to try it out, so set up a little still life and did a quickie painting, maybe 2 1/2 hours. The candle was a little tough, since I am used to working with (mostly) single pigment paints and the paint set I got were all blends of greys.

8 x 10
oil on panel

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous painting!!! The colors and shadows are perfect.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy new year! Very pretty still life--love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alllo dahlink, we are all messing about with the odd bits of painting, while you are truly doing it.
    happy noo year and wishing you and daya lotsa fun and love and peace. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture is amazing with all of the holes, and textures, all in similar shades of gray! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you rendered the candle! All the very best to you and Daya for 2010....it looks like you are already off to a great start. I LOVED the Soul Coaching journey too and I look forward to you sharing your joy journal on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3