topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 7 Joy

Today I took Daya to the Museum of Natural History because she asked to go. Near the end of the day, we went to the hall of ocean life. Downstairs is a huge area where a giant model of a whale hangs from the ceiling, and a big movie screen plays images of underwater fish, waves, and the beach. It's really relaxing. Daya and I sat together watching the fish and waves.

And...!!! someone had their dog in the museum! Not a seeing eye dog, a smallish shaggy dog. The family pet. I had no idea you could do that. This wasn't the kind of dog that could be carried around in a bag...it was too big for that.

I love the museum of Nat History. We go a lot, and I renewed my membership just so I don't have to wait in the admission line. Sounds sad I know, but it really is worth it.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun Mother/Daughter day out. Well worth the admission fee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sad, fantastic for daya too. huggles dahlink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful thing to do! I am sooooo jealous! One day I will get there!!! I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to do something like that...it sounds like a lovely day out...not sad at all!

    Could the dog have been one of those medical assistance (?) dogs for people with life-threatening seizures where the dog senses and alerts, or was it obviously a family pet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3