topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, January 08, 2010

Day 5 Joy

There are any things to feel joyful about today. First was an early snowfall (it didn't stick). Then the postman delivered a book I have been eagerly awating, just in time for my morning commute. It is a signed copy of Eyvind Earle's autobiography! With illustrations!!

Then I got free lunch again, at a nice restaurant.

But best of all- below freezing temps outside, Daya was asleep before 9pm, and I get to enjoy my homemade-from-scratch Mexican corn tortilla soup.

It is, in a single word, WONDERFUL.

If you were here I'd gladly share.

5 comments:

  1. OMG...that soup looks delish!!! I LOVE a good soup!

    YAY on the book! Must check more into his life and art...thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES look and sound delicious!

    Thank you SO much for the Gouache link, Looks awesome. And thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey doesn't daya go to bed before 9pm? how does she get up in the morning? not my kinda soup, but loooks yummmy! am wearing too many layers, so took off my sundial this week, butit wil go back round my neck in the spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To me it is that time of year for soups. They warm the soul as well as the body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your JOY entries! This is such a wonderful way to live life!

    Your soup looks exceedingly joyous to me!!! I just had a bwol at California Pizza Kitchen the other day, but I bed yours is better, on a cold night in NY!!!

    Kisses to Daya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3