topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, December 07, 2009

Le Chat Blanc and More Plein Air

Here is a plein air from last Friday in Central Park. Standing in front of a waterfall for three hours is a profoundly enjoyable experience. Plein air painting is difficult- completely different from painting in the studio. I feel like I'm still very much finding my way with it and trying to figure out what the heck I am doing, but the journey sure is fun.

9 x 12 oil on panel



This is Le chat Blanc, a cat painted for the Fort Collins Cat rescue, to be sold at silent auction to raise funds for shelter kitties.



4 comments:

  1. I agree plein air is difficult. The light always changing. UGH...
    The cat is very pretty. It should fetch a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water in yoyur waterfall looks so real!!! Very cool!
    Le Chat is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your waterfall painting...I'm enjoying seeing your plein air journey via your blog...love how you rendered the rocks in this one. Le chat is gorgeous! Those eyes are amazing!

    Here's wishing you and Daya a very Happy Holidays!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a difficult thing to, i admire your skill, and always have. well, at last the ho ho hoing is over! hope you survived and that daya had a great time. xxxxx ps i will put a purple streak in my hair if you will put one in yours to match!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3