topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Subway

Like everything about NYC, the subway is a love-hate relationship. But overall, it is a very easy means of transportation. Navigating the subway system is far easier than navigating the streets with a car, IMHO. Everything is labeled, there are only two directions, and there are maps everywhere. So I generally don't understand why visitors take cabs because they aren't sure of the subway.

Except the other day, I paused to re-think that perspective. I went uptown to go paint in the park. To get there , I had to take the A/C uptown.



The train came and I got on it. Except this was the train that arrived. And it really wasn't an E train rerouted on another track. It was a substitute C train pretending to be an E train.



Except when inside the train, passengers were advised it was a Coney Island bound F train that was currently in Brooklyn.



So, way to go MTA.

I am a local so I didn't get lost. The crazy train took me all the way up to the park where I had a peaceful afternoon painting.

Xanthophyll: An Autumn plein Air
9x12 Oil on Panel

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! I love the background and the stems! The leaf color is so dimensional! Good to hear from you, Jessica!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hi to Daya too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting! I love the feeling of movement in the leaves.

    I get very nervous if I'm in places I'm not familiar with and have to find my way. I would have been a wreck with all those confusing signs. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3