topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pochade Box PRT

It finally arrived! I am so excited. This box is BEAUTIFUL and perfect for pleine aire painting. It holds three 9x12 panels (wet or dry) and can be used as a laptop box or mounted on a tripod.

I've had a big urge to go painting outside and although I do have a French easel, it's way too heavy and cumbersome to walk around with. Then I thought of getting a half-box French easel but although they are smaller it would still be heavy. So I set my sights on a pochade box.

Late one night when I should have been sleeping, I found my pochade box on eBay. This was a real find- it's handmade by a man in CA whose wife is a professional painter. (Her work is amazing!) He stopped making boxes a few years ago. I don't know if this was an extra from a few years ago or not, or if he'll make more, but either way I knew it was mine.

This year I still have quite a few vacation days left...I know how I'll spend a lot of them.



5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Hand made too--how fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is really a great and handy sized box! I love seeing the inside all full of your paints and brushes! Gorgeous! I hope you can find the time to accomplish your outdoor paintings...I am trying to do this also on a much smaller scale, with colored pencils and a small sketchbook!!! :)

    Hi to Daya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find. You should get out and paint paint paint. Daya will be better for it too. She can play in the out doors while you are painting. Treat yourself to a few days of vacation with her in school too. Yes, that box holds some fun times in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a real beauty, and i can see you in the park painting. come over and get some new awards on my blog today fellow cactuteer. and every single monday, i think back on our painting evening with pure joy darlink yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on such a great find! i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3