topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cactus Monday: Museum Edition

I took Daya to the museum of natural history today. After begging all week to go, she decided halfway through the day that she was terrified- and I do mean terrified- of the entire museum.

We have had better days.

Here is a cactus we found with the zebras. Happy Cactus Monday!



Actually I am glad I encountered the cactus, because I really wanted to post something for today but artwork wasn't happening. Why not? Well, I joined in the Masters In Oil project over in the oil painting forum at Wet Canvas. As a result, I've been spending a lot of quality time with Princess Charlotte. All I want to do is paint, and I love feeling like that. This is not yet finished but I hope to have it done this week. 12 x 16 oil on canvas after Franz Winterhalter.



I wish I wasn't so tired tonight, otherwise I'd continue painting. Maybe tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Cactus Monday. You should follow your muse. It is turning into a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zebras with the cacus look great. However, I am happy you are following your muse as the painting is absolutely beautiful already!!!!!!!

    HCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is beautiful even if it's not done, it's amazing!
    Happy CM!


    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stapelaid, your painting is absolutely gorgeous! I've never painted with real oil paints before, but I hope to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't blame daya, they ust've looked overpowering to her...that painting is totally awesome darlink..you are soooo talented, but then i always knew that. hcm fellow cactuteer, and paint on girl, paint on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what a beautiful painting you are making!
    Fun you found a cactus on this Monday!

    HCM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever cactus photo...but OOOOH! MY! What a stunningly elegant painting! Spectacular! :) HCM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your painting is gorgeous, so lovely. the zebra and cactus is a wonderful combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I can only say...wow,. what a painting you have done!!! It is incredible!!! You have amazing talent in the oil painting department! I think I better go smell some linseed oil and see if it inspires me to do paintings!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are those dead stuffed zebras? If so I can see why Daya was scared!! a bit creepy really... I love the cactus though, and your oil painiting is AMAAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on Princess Charlotte. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photo is striking! I love that little touch of green ;)

    And OH MY, that painting is stunning! No wonder you want to keep going. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3