topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, April 03, 2009

Quick-Quick

1. London: I am not there yet. I'm going from the 18th to the 24th. Booked the flight today. Since I am taking the red-eye flight Saturday night, I get to go business class! YEAH! The best part of the trip will, of course, be meeting SOULBRUSH. I don't mean to brag or anything, but meeting Soulbrush is worthy of jealousy.

2. Daya still loves school and is doing very well.

3. I have decided to start the Abs Diet! Am very excited. Now, I don't really need to lose weight as I'm still a size 4 but I'd like to tone a little and get into a healthier dietary lifestyle. I have never ever offcially dieted before. And probably I should eat more meals- I do tend to skip a lot, which is bad.

4. Art, or lack thereof: *sigh*

5. Daya had her first emergency (sort-of) medical experience. She stuck a green plastic heart shaped bead up her nose. One of the ladies at the school saw it when Daya was laying on her back. It was the kind of thing you would never see unless you were at exactly the right angle with light. We think the bead was from another girl's jewelry or hair ornament. I have no idea how long it was up there. She's fine and sufficiently traumatized to know never to stick anything in her nose or ears.

6. Latest unpleasant thing I've had to do: bathe my cat. She was really stinky. The stench has not returned, so we are both relieved.

7. You know the saying there's nothing new under the sun? I might have possibly challenged that. I cut my finger on spaghetti sauce. Not on the jar, on the actual sauce. I was reheating leftovers and some sauce had dried on the rim of the jar. But it's still a little embarassing to cut your finger on spaghetti sauce.

I sincerely hope you are well, and I apologize for not checking anyone's blog recently. Usually I do that at work, but I've been swamped. Imagine, having to work at work. Boo.

7 comments:

  1. How cool that you are getting to meet Soulbrush!!!

    Glad Daya is OK after her trauma!

    And you, after your finger slashing on sauce!!! LOLOL!

    You are the best!

    Looking forward to your next post so we can here what else is happening in your neck of the woods!
    Always exciting!!!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you getting to meet up with Soulbrush!

    I'm so glad Daya is okay. Aaron had a similar incident when he placed a large seed from a seedpod inside his ear. He told me his ear was hurting him...I looked inside and saw something dark and, at first, thought it was dried wax. To this day, I feel tremendous relief that I didn't go in with a cottonbud as the seed would have burst his eardrum for sure. I carefully maneuvred around the 'wax' with tweezers to remove it and I was shocked at the size of the seed. Like Daya, Aaron was traumatised sufficiently enough to never put things in his ear again.

    OUCH on cutting your finger on spaghetti sauce of all things!

    Enjoy your business class flight!

    OH, and good luck with your diet. I really need to tone up myself.

    love to you and Daya xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. tee hee i'm the lucky one to be meeting you!! can't wait!!
    i think every single kid has stuck something up somewhere, my son swallowed a coin and then stuck a pip up his nose, both needed surgery to remove. kids: they are either a pain in the neck or a pain in the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you J. Yes, I am jealous that you are meeting Soul. Daya does keep life interesting for you. I wonder why so many children stick things where they shouldn't be stuck?? There should be a study done about that. tee hee... Try to get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Daya is okay
    Watch that dieting, young lady! I don't want you to be transparent next time I see you.
    Good luck with all the work and the trip! Glad you're going Business Class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lucky you to meet soulbrush:)
    Hope Daya and you are fine.
    Yeah, work....work...work...we must have sufficient time and energy to rproduce art.
    Hope you will be back to join the cactus monday team for the great challenge together when you are less busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you!
    can you give Soul a hug from me?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3