topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Preschool: Found

Today I visited a local preschool and really liked it. So Daya is set to start on Feb 15th. $715 a month!! (Checking account, pls see note from yesterday thanx) Yikes. But that's actually a good rate compared to other preschools. They provide home-cooked food, and there are other vegetarian kids there so they're familiar with it and it's no problem. She'll be doing arts and crafts, music and dance, and they put on a show for the parents twice a year. This will be really good for her. Daya is an extremely smart child...and it really is the right time to move her into preschool. I know she'll love it. She'll love being with the other little children too.

I told Daya's sitter today that she was starting preschool and she was totally supportive and knows it's time. The nice thing is that I can still bring Daya over to her anytime I need to. It's good to have backup.

On my way over to visit the school a group of junior high boys was messing around on the sidewalk and throwing snow. One of them slammed into me and I told them to watch it. They then proceded to follow me for two blocks throwing hard-packed snowballs at my head. Even when I was at the entrance to the nursery school with the door opened! The ladies there saw what was happening and we called the police. After I went inside we saw them throwing snow at other people, and also at apartment windows. Seriously, isn't there a whole lot WRONG with this?

Thankfully I won't habe to be out right when school lets out. The kids are awful on the subway too. It's disgusting. One of my close friends is a high school math teacher...I have no idea how she does it.

I can't believe Daya is starting school!!!! Seems like she was just born. It went by fast.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you found a preschool for Daya. She will grow and blossom in that environment.

    I hate to hear that you were harrassed by those thugs. I wouldn't be a teacher in this day and age for any amount of money. A sad state of affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I hope it will be just perfect for her!!!

    Sorry about the snowball weirdo-freaks. I hope they were arrested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'm so glad you found a suitable preschool for Daya too. I hope Daya is also excited about it.

    How horrible that you were treated like that by these young thugs. It's seems this generation of teens show no respect at all. I have a terrible time with young kids in this street and their parents don't supervise or show any control at all. Heaven only knows what sort of teenagers/adults they are going to turn out to be. In fact, the other week, one of their parents actually gave the daughter's friend an egg to throw at another kid because they were verbally fighting. The kid who got egged ended up hurt and bleeding. THEN, the father decides to come down and try to sort out the matter after HE instigated the egg being thrown in the first place...incredible! I'm glad I don't allow Aaron to hang out on the street with these kids....thank goodness that he doesn't want to anyways. I just don't get some parents today....it seems that as long as they aren't being bothered by their kids, they don't care what the heck the kids get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i am so glad that you found what sounds like an ideal place for her too. yes, these are the sort of kids i have had to teach here in london (not even in high school yet!) it scares the sh....out of me just thinking of what's to become of the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the preschool sounds fab! I like your description of it... the high school sounds awful. eeek. I hate confrontations like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um. That's half my monthly take home pay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3