topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year

I don't make New Years resolutions, I set intentions. But I also think any moment, any second, is a good time to set intentions and New Years just seems to be an agreed-upon time by the masses. Actually there are lots of different New Years throughout the calendar; but there sure is a lot of collective energy for the Jan 1st one.

While I was with my sister, we visited a little new age shop in the West Village. I saw a little box in there that I really liked, and it "called" to me to be an intention box. So I bought it. It's a very Goddess-energy kind of box.

Throughout today, and the days to come, I'll put my intentions in this box so they can gather energy. It will be a fun ongoing thing to do. (Note to self: Must keep it away from the toddler...) I've also started a new journal, which is a very good thing.



So far, I intend to:
*Produce lots more artwork
*Work in my sketchbook
*Take 2 days a week and keep the computer off at home (I'll still be on at the office)
*Meditate more regularly
*Drink lots and lots of tea (very important)

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope you find all the brightest blessings life has to offer.

13 comments:

  1. I like your use of the word 'intentions'. Sounds like a good way to go.

    happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the box and the intentions too, i hope it's herbal tea you will be drinking, how about water, i drink litres of it a day and nothing else, very good for the inner organs and the soul. happy new year to you too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year and brightest blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try these intentions also! I like it better...not quite as "set in stone" kind of a feeling! Gonna go get a special box and review them every day and night!!!
    Thanks Jessica!
    Happy New year to you and Daya!!!
    P.S. I like the "Make more art everyday" part of your intentions...maybe we will get a peek of all of it too!!! LOL :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea to have intentions and a box for them.
    I might just follow you suit there. Love your intention box and new journal, una maravilla!

    Have a Happy New Year and many, many blessings for the year 2009. Lot's of art too!
    And faeries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing, Art and Tea are good things for the every day. I agree. Sounds like you're off to an amazing new year.Here's to being fulfilled beings in the new year. And another year of the blessings of motherhood. Happy New Year!
    peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck wit h all your intentions Jess. I think you have some good ones in progress. Love the box and journal. Great tools to keep you focused. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awesome idea! Happy New Year!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I agree with you about " the intention" you have just set for your Mew Year.
    May this lovely intention box that you have bought brings you joy, inspiration, love, hope and all sort of energies that you needed.

    Great goal setting. Look like i have to sat my now and be persistance on it:)

    Thanks and good luck. Yeah, I need to be more constant on meditation too. So, we are not alone now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new Year!
    Wonderful intentions! Hope your dreams will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and Daya!

    I love the idea of the Intentions box....and what a beautiful box too. I can see why you felt 'called' to it.

    Something tells me you are going to be in for a very creative and productive year. I look forward to sharing the experience with you via your blog.

    love, light and peace,
    serena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3