topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 15, 2008

AED.15

Today's offering is a cake. Tomorrow I am having a very small party for Daya's third (!) birthday. Have been cleaning and running errands. There is a lot left to do. I am very tired. The big question is whether to drink a few cups of tea and keep plugging on or get a little sleep now and wake up at oh-god-thirty in the morning.

Caffeine will most probably win. And since Daya is always up early I'll have to wake up at oh-god-thirty whether I want to or not.

So anyhow I just finished Daya's cake. Here it is- more fun with fondant. I bought the Dora image at the cake and baking supply store on 22nd street. If you've never been there you HAVE to go it's so awesome. In fact you should come to NYC just to go there.





I also made a huge mess in my kitchen, and of course I do not feel like cleaning it. Any volunteers would be greatly appreciated. In fact, if you come over right now and clean my kitchen I will make out with you for real.

4 comments:

  1. LOLOL!!! No way would I come near that kitchen!!! LOLOL. H a hahahahah. It is worth all the mess to end up with a fantastic cake like that though! What are the colorful side peices made of...they look like they could be colored marshmallows??? It is so pretty and Daya has the best cake EVER! Happy Birthday to her!!!!! Have as much fun as you can today in your sleep-walking state!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful cake by Jessica!! Hope Daya has a terrific birthday and likes her gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Daya for tomorrow!!! As for the kitchen, it reminds me eerily of my own when I bake....there just never seems to be enough counter-top space, does there. lol Well done on making such a gorgeous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny! We had a similar kitchen meltdown recently after carrot cake making. :0) Our girls are so close in birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3