topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 01, 2008

AED.1

One of the things I would like to get out of this month of art every day is to start working regularly in my sketchbook again. It's been a long time since I kept one, and I know they are indespensible to any artist.

Starting sketchbooks (and journals!) is very difficult for me. Once I've worked in a book for a while, I get to "know" it but that aquaintance period is difficult. So I thought to start with a dedication.

Here is Athena, who I have loved since I was a small child. She is a goddess of wisdom and war, but also the arts.



Actually I started drawing daily a few days ago and it feels really good. A lot of insecurities surrounding my art and creativity and surfacing, and most of it is my belief that I'm not as good as I should be because I haven't put the time and effort into my craft. I need to build a current portfolio.

I always had a wish that I needed to make art like I have to breathe- but over the years I've had difficulty finding that fire of inspiration.

Serena, thanks for being my friend during this journey. It's great to have some moral support.

:)

4 comments:

  1. She's amazing, Jessica! I can feel the connection between Athena and you in this drawing. Do you plan to paint her at some point?

    I can't tell you enough how happy I am to see you participating in the daily art challenge. I know you can do it, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your drawing of athena! what a fabulous way to start a journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to draw! I want to keep trying to do better...I bought some new pencils tonight...they are 4H...thin lead and hopefully dark. I have a sketchbook...so now...to find the time to draw!!! You are a great artist, and I love to see what you will do next! This is a great drawing right here! Keep going and let us see your pics all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted to hear you are drawing again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3