topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dualistic Humanity

I have no qualms about admitting that I often feel frustrated and disgusted at human nature. But then I am priveliged enough to bear witness to situations in which there is such a genuine and selfless outpouring of love for someone who really needs it from so many people, that- I don't know- humanity gets redemption points or something. If you haven't already, go read about Annika.

The human experience is tough because it's all one big fat hairy paradox.

For example:
I am deeply thankful for a nice apartment in a nice neighborhood and the ability to more or less manage the rent.

But then comes a 4.5% rent increase (previously was 3%) and that just pisses me off.

Does that make me gratefully pissed off? Cause I'm grateful for sure...as sure as I'm also pissed off.

3 comments:

  1. You are one big fat pissed off, yet funny chick!!! Oh, and grateful too)! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that! lol

    Our rent went up by nearly 10% when our lease came up for renewal in July. :( I was pretty pissed off about that too and, like you, I try to be grateful that, while we struggle to make ends meet, we are still managing....just! :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful and pissed off can indeed live side by side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3