topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ratfest 2008

The most amazing thing about Ratfest is that it's been going on for SEVEN YEARS.

Matt and Dru and I took the bus from Port Authority. Oddly enough, there was a pigeon wandering around the lower gates. I think he wanted to come to Ratfest too.



Once again, I made the cake this year. Fun with Fondant!



Here I am doing rat portraits again.



As always, I got next to no sleep and was completely jacked up on caffeine. Here is one of the pots of tea I drank. My friend special orders it from France. It is AMAZING.



This year we had a special performance of Everybody Likes Yogurt Drops by Matt and Jane!

Click Here to see the picture that inspired it all! (copyright Matt Kaplan)

Click Here to watch the video!

We all got home on Sunday. I took Monday and Tuesday off. I literally slept all day Monday, and today I had a good long nap as well. Also, Daya the Mermaid is almost finished!

3 comments:

  1. Well, yogurt drops and ratfests! Hmmm...very interesting!!! LOL. Love your rat cake...so colorful and sweet! All sounds fun...
    Later...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way cool, Jessica!!! I remember the cake you made for last year's Ratfest and you did an excellent job for this year too. I also think you're very brave to do the portraits in public...I would be way too nervous. You look very relaxed and happy..good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the work you put in to help this year's Ratfest be an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3