topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, July 11, 2008

July Update

I'm such a booger, having neglected my blog for so long.

How are you? Well, I hope.

By the end of this blog post you will be able to:
*Summarize recent events of my boring life
*Re-tell a very embarassing but funny story
*Laugh with relief that you are not the one writing the embarassing story

Oh dear Goddess I have been working too much I fear...Learning Objectives in my blog... horrors!

THE SUMMARY
*Daya and I joined the Jewish Y.(YMHA) The Jewish Y ROCKS. I love it. And I'm not even Jewish. But...Shalom!
*Daya started swim lessons. She's doing great and is very cute in the water.
*I get to swim, too!! I love love love to swim. Water makes me feel so peaceful. There is nothing like the peace of underwater. And its wonderful exercise. Two things I have wanted since I was a kid: an inground pool and a shiny black baby grand piano. One day I will have both.
*Waffles are going very well. I made Cherry Yogurt Oat waffles, they are fantastic.
*Daya Mermaid is still sitting half finished on my drawing table. My latest creative energy was put into beta testing some software.
*Work has been a little bit stressful in a not-good way.

What? You want pictures too?
oh, ok.

Daya has a new thing where she askes me what my name is. I tell her. Her reply is "I'm Queen Daya!" She might be right.



A few weeks ago I went to Chinatown for vegetarian dim sum with my friend. It was awesome. We both ate for $13.76 total! Unheard of! Afterwards we walked up through little Italy. I saw this sign:



That's a pretty hefty claim so I had to check it out to see if it was true.



It was true.

OK, get your cannolis and tea ready, it's time for Last Night's Embarassing Story:

As I mentoned before, I am swimming at the Wonderful Jewish Y. Last night I went without Daya for an absolutely delicious swim. I have a one piece Nike swimsuit that has lasted for seven (7) years and counting. But it's nearing the end of its lifespan so I got a new one. A brand new black one-piece DKNY off Ebay for $15 including shipping.

I wore it last night. Everything was great.

Except for one thing.

The cute new swimsuit? It's a little low in the front. Not made, apparently, for people who are actually going to swim...just for people who want to look slinky by the pool.

Any real swimming whatsoever frees the girls and they...um....

...float.

I actually went home to change into my old suit, then went back to the pool.

love-love!

4 comments:

  1. Daya looks like a little movie star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Jessica's back!!! I have missed you!

    OMG, Daya is the cutest thing in sunglasses! I loved reading your summarised post with pics. Don't you just hate those embarrassing life lessons. Mind you, my boobs are small so they'd probably have trouble breaking free from ANY swimsuit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, is it really you??? I am so happy! I missed you so much, and then I get the feeling that not only I, but Serena as well, are worrying about you a bit!!! I try not to ...I know it is just a dry spell on the blogging, but yet...I do anyway!!!
    Loved all your adventures...and the visual pic of "the girls" swimming all on their own, gave me a familiar laugh (it has happened here as well)!!! I'm so happy you are loving the Y. I used to take my dtr. swimming all the time as she was growing up, and then I started water aerobics classes for a few years....and now...hmmmmm...not sure about wearing a bathing suit at my age! LOL! Glad you are back. Oh, BTW...steer clear of the cannolis...they are dangerous!!!
    Daya looks like the queen around there in her white shades and matching shoes. Does she have a Juicy Couture bag??? So adorable!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, Jessica, I chose your blog for an award. You can read about it on my blog but please don't feel obligated to participate as it's not expected. However, feel free to collect your award any time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3