topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Positively Irritated

The positive part is that the child got into gouache, not oil paint. Which, I would like to add, WAS stored properly and out of reach.



And I am so ^^*()+*#)*()^*+#_^ IRRITATED. My place is always a mess which I don't like. The normal stuff is so hard to keep up with and a child really and truly adds all kinds of bizarre side-messes that I just don't need. Every little single thing she does somehow turns into a mess or prevention of a mess or destruction of some kind. On top of that I have to wake up hours earlier than I want to, on weekends, and I am SO TIRED. I want to paint and there's no way it will happen when said child is awake. I am frustrated.

And people think I am kidding or "just don't know down the line" that I never ever want any more kids. Why the hell do people have to negate things like that, as if I don't know myself and my feelings (like they do!).

:(

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of motherhood.... sometimes, it can be the pits but, at the end of the day, we wouldn't trade them for the world. Thank heavens the gouache would have washed out with water and Daya does look very regretful in the pic. There was one time that Aaron (around 6 years of age) managed to spread a tube of acrylic paint all over my art table, chair and table lamps etc., but not his hair, thank goodness...the paint was blue too! Last year, at 8 years old, he managed to climb up and get hold of a craft knife out of my studio cupboard and decided to carve out some 'wonderful' designs on the base of my brand new and expensive art lamp. I calmed myself by saying....'it could have been worse'. lol In my younger years, I would have freaked out about it.

    I do respect your feelings on having no more children and that is totally your right. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know sometimes it is hard to laugh over all of this...but one day you will look back on it all with fond memories...when she is grown! This blue stuff in her hair will all be just a memory you wish you could do all over again...believe me...all 4 of mine are grown now...and I miss all of this at times!!! Don't worry so much about the state of the house...just do what you can. One friend of mine (when my kids were little) told me to get a timer, and set it for like 2 minutes (very short amount of time), and make it a game to pick up as much as you could and take it to your room, before the timer went off...so I would pick up my stuff, and kids would pick up their stuff, and when the timer went off, we would all go do something fun...or have a fun treat! They love it, and it actually gets some stuff picked up!!! You could use the oven timer too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. She'll love the photo years from now. You might, too. But for now, just hang in. You'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, but this is such a funny picture. I love it. I thought this was a Halloween costume preview at first. New to your blog. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3