topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Daya the Mermaid

Daya is a lot of things these days- a princess, a pirate, a mermaid, and (the newest) a giant.

Which is fun. So I had an idea, which might be really dorky and stupid, I don't know. But anyhow, I am doing some illustrations of her as her different characters to hang in her room. I drew Daya the mermaid tonight, and tomorrow I'll start painting it. (Gouache on Bristol) She's petting her pet fish, Fishie. (Oh, did I mention I got her a fish a week or so ago? I did, a blue green betta. She named him Fishie.)

Hmmm the eyes are bugging me a little, I think she's looking the wrong way. I'll fix it tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh...Jessica...I can't believe how much this actually LOOKS like Daya!!! Cute picture...can't wait to see it painted! I think your idea for art in her room is a GREAT one! What better than that? She can keep it forever too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a terrific idea!! I can't wait to see them all. Great job on the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daya is waaaaaaaaaaaay cute as a mermaid! I can't wait to see it in colour! I love your idea too ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome - I wish I could draw half as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3