topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Toy

I'm allowed to spend a little money frivolously as long as my Minnesota Savings Fund is on track, right?

Good, because I bought myself a New and Fabulous Toy. And I got a very good deal on it. I got myself a Wacom graphics tablet...a thingie that is a pressure sensitive pad with a pen to draw on the puter! Actually I never consider art stuff of any kind frivolous. And the computer is simply another medium.

It doesn't smell nearly as good as linseed oil but I love it. This thing is so cool. So I've been playing in Flash and Illustrator trying to get something done for an actual commission. YAY!

My friend is coming in from out of town tomorrow morning with her toddler. I'm taking her around NYC all weekend. My place is still a mess but I did get a lot of laundry done (and folded!!). And because I'm a little compulsive at times, I also made a nice batch of homemade chocolate almond fudge. Which I shouldn't be eating so I'll prob give most of it away. You want some?

6 comments:

  1. So, what's the Minnesota Savings Fund about? I'm originally from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOO HOO! Congratulations on your new toy! I think your Muse may be making a comeback ~ :)

    Question - When you bought the Wacom Graphics tablet, did you get any graphics software with it? I think a friend of mine uses Painter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this similar to a tablet PC? My daughter has the Gateway, and loves it...she draws and writes right on the screen. It is pretty awesome, too from my point of view! You will be so happy...it will give you many hours of pleasure!
    Yes...I want some fudge!!! And I want to go all over NYC, since I've never been there!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was your weekend????? Loads of fun, I hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter, to you and Daya!!!
    I can see colored eggs at your house!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter to you and Daya!!! I hope you have a magical day ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3