topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Met

Sometimes I really do love New York. Especially the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is one of my favorite places ever. The Met was one of Daya's first ever outings to Manhattan- the first time she was there she was three months old. We go periodically. We went today.

On the way, we stopped to pet pussy willows. (I like pussy willows. When I was Daya's age we had a tree of them growing in our back yard)



Daya appreciated the Greek vases.



She growled at the ancient Greek lion...


...and ran around sculptures...



...and tried to break into the library....



...and climbed marble stairs...



...and then passed out on the bus!



Then we went to Barnes and Noble and played in the kids' section.



You can read lots of things at Barnes and Noble. It's always a meaningful and enriching learning experience.

3 comments:

  1. OH...I hope one day to go to the METropolitan Museum of Art!!! I have been asking my husband to take me for about 5 years already! He has no desire to go to NY for any reason...so I will have to plan to just fly up with my daughter and do the Big Apple Tour and see all the sites on a weekend. It will be better to go with her anyway...she will love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daya is a BEAUTIFUL child. She is blessed to have a mom who takes her to the Met. I try to take my Stinkerbell cool, cultural places like that. Here in NE Alabama, we have really great ones too. Like Wal-Mart AND K-Mart AND Sears - all in my little town! Also, there's McD's, Burger King and Cracker Barrel. Museums? We got those too... The Alabama (members of the Country Musc Hall of Fame) Fan Club and Museum and The Hosiery Museum (this used to be the sock capitol of the world. now it's Honduras.) We can go to Huntsville and see the Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA with lots of rockets, also home of Space Camp.)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and your very kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us on a virtual tour....great pics! Daya is sooooooooo adorable.....I love the one where she's growling at the Greek lion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3