topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ratfest 2007

I used to keep pet rats. I miss them. Six years ago, I teamed up with another rat owner in the region and together we started the NorthEast Ratfest, where a bunch of rat people gather for the weekend and have a lot of fun. The last 2 years I missed ratfest, but I co-hosted again this year and as always we had a blast. I did portraits this year and managed to cover te costs of the trip. Seeing everyone again was so wonderful. Spending a weekend with wacky people you've known for a long time and love a lot is always a blessing.

I call this Rat Butt Font:



Here I am doing portraits:



And here is the cake I made:

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the rat butt font and, hey, your cake looks yummy too. I'm glad you had a blast catching up with friends. Great too that you did well with the portraits....did you use pastels?

    Do you think you will get another pet rat someday?

    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3