topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pigeon Risk: A Success

There are five days left of Pigeon Risk Time (PRT) and it worked, but not the way I thought it would. See, the Bad August Things all still happened, but PRT buffered the effects in such a way that I remained relatively unaffected.

For example:

* I previously mentioned that I wasn't getting child support anymore. For 2 months- July and August. The strange thing is that the checks were sent, I just never got them. They both mysteriously appeared in my bookshelf earlier this week. So I missed 2 checks coming in at separate times in the mail (and they're easily recognizable; I never miss them), AND both were on the bottom shelf of my bookcase, which I am constantly cleaning because Daya always unpacks it. Very strange.

*The Washington Mutual ATM ate my debit card. My bank decided to issue no less than three replacement cards with the wrong name on them. I changed my name three years ago and have since replaced the card with nary a problem. After 2 attempts at the branch and one mailed card, they finally got it right on the exact day I *really* needed the card.

*The building super told me I had no account for gas with Keyspan. I thought I had been paying the gas with the electric through ConEdison, like I have been doing for years. Had PRT not been in effect, I probably would have owed them almost $100, but as it stands the account is fine and I don't owe them anything, I'll just pay going forward.

*And this latest...just tonight...I thought I had lost all of my photos of Daya for all of 2007. Seriously, I wanted to throw up I was so upset. They were all just gone, nowhere to be found. If you ever set up a new profile and mess with the permissions, and then discover some of your files are completely gone even though the folders are there, reset your permissions for full access for ALL profiles and your files will come back. My heart is still recovering from that.

And here's a picture just because.

4 comments:

  1. WOW....I'm glad things had their way of working out in the end. I truly felt for you over the missing pics of Daya....YIKES, that would have been horrible for you. What relief you must have felt to get them back.

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to say that the pic of Daya is very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sugar dolly!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I loved finding out that my little thin succulent was a stapeliad, and I can't wait to see what the blooms look like, if it ever does.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You crack me up with all the names of your cacti in college...i am amazed you can remember so many of those very unusual names!!! Thanks for the great comment!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3