topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Needles in Haystacks

It seems that I have an ability to find needles in haystacks. It's kind of cool, actually. Years ago when I worked on the trade dispute desk for (X brokerage firm) I had to call the order room constantly. They put me on hold a lot. As hokey as this sounds, there was a lovely oboe piece I grew fond of, possibly because it's a nice piece, possibly because I heard it so much.

It took me about 4 years of on and off searching, but I did eventually find it. Herr Mozart, of course. No wonder I liked it.

This summer brought me another challenge. When I was 7 or 8, I had a book containing a few fairly tales of which I was very fond. It was beautifully illustrated. When we moved, my mother (who never throws anything out) got rid of the book. Now I cannot remember why, but a few weeks ago I decided to search for this book. I did not know the title, author, anything about it really, except for a vague recollection of what it looks like and some details of a story or two.

And I found it. This is very exciting. It will arrive from the UK in a week or so.

Magic Everywhere by Miriam Huber

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3