topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Incapable

Despite my good and sincere intentions, there is something I am apparently incapable of, as much as I wish I could.

I cannot wake up earlier than I absolutely must. Even though those early hours of the morning are so nice. I could paint regularly. Meditate in silence. Be toddler-free. Last night I was determined to get on a new schedule...but I failed miserably.

These days I'm struggling with frustration. Daya's really starting to turn into Interfering Toddler. I moved all of her stuff from my area into her room. But I'm really frustrated with her getting into everything of mine. Over and over. There is no space that she doesn't get into. Pulling stuff off shelves, pulling towels down, and I find that more and more I crave order. She un-does everything in a second.

I almost evicted her from her room. I still might, I haven't decided. Of course I love my child- there's no question about that, but some days I don't want to be a mom.

1 comment:

  1. OH boy, I hear ya BIGTIME!!! My first four kids are all over 18 now so I'm kinda doin' the Mum thing a second time with my 8 year old and he just thinks automatically that anything that is mine is his also. SCREAM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3