topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Very Good Soup

I have a stuffy nose.

And I'm also momentarily, though very, broke.

Ceyenne pepper is good for stuffy noses. So last night I rifled through the kitchen finding interesting things with which to make a soup. That's economical, so it's good when you're broke. I love soup, and I make it year round.

My soup came out so wonderfully, and I never would have made it if I wasn't broke with a stuffy nose. So it proves that adverse circumstances can be beneficial.

Here is my very good soup, blogged here so I don't forget it.

(No measurements, everything measured to taste)
Veg stock
lots of Sofrito
chopped onion
chopped potatoes
chopped carrots
peas
big spoonful minced garlic
cayenne pepper
frozen shrimp
tiny bit of salt

throw it all together and simmer for a half hour.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better now. The soup sounds delish! I'm a cayenne pepper fan so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.....thanks for the recipe! What is Sofrito??? Never heard of it but it's probably one of those things that goes by a different name DownUnder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3