topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 07, 2007

Sore

I am going to try and make this a really short post.

Last week I hosted a friend and her daughter, who is a month older than Daya, for three days. She is a nice person and we got along well, as far as I can tell. It was a very nice time but I am left feeling hurt and sore. I know I did my best to be a good hostess. I provided everything from my own bed to diapers to toddler snacks, I cooked a nice dinner one night and breakfast for three mornings... I took her around the city; I checked in with her often to make sure all was well. I don't mind, as I want people to be comfortable in my home. She never lifted a finger or offered to help with anything around the house. I find that borderline as guest etiquette, but I can get past it.

What I cannot get past is that she came, stayed in my home for three days, and left without ever saying a single word of thank you.

2 comments:

  1. While you may have had a nice time and all, I think your guest was very rude in not offering to help or even say thank you for having her there for those three days. You were more than hospitable and, at the very least, you deserved a thank you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bizarre to me that someone would just suck up that kind of hospitality and not think to offer thanks. Seriously, makes me question their upbringing.


    Also this post makes me want to be your houseguest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3