topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Peace

Today in the news one of the top headlines is Cindy Sheehan's withdrawal from the peace movement. In the article in CNN it is mentioned that she camped outside Bush's ranch in Crawford TX, and he ignored her. That's sad. How much effort would it have been for him to take 2 seconds and just acknowledge her and express sympathy for her loss? In other words, to be a human for about 30 seconds. Compassion.

Compassion should be a requirement in leadership. But I'm not writing to speak about politics; I digress.

Dr. Wayne Dyer has a fabulous quote about peace: "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

One day maybe we'll get there as a species. In the meantime, I'll work on maintaining peace and calm in my own tiny corner of existence.

1 comment:

  1. And that, my friend, is all we can really do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3