topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bitch Goddess

I had my voice lesson last night, and there's always an hour or so between my lesson and when I get off work. During this hour I like to walk around the city and just enjoy everything. There was a poster on a bus stop for a new tv show out called In Dog We Trust or someting like that. It got me thinking about how things are fed to humanity backwards, as Stuie suggests (and which makes sense). Dog, of course, is God backwards. The cliche for Dog is man's best friend. I think that fits God pretty perfectly, too. But the most interesting thng which came at me in a flash was bitch. Which of course is a female dog. Goddess backwards. And how it's an insult in vernacular language, to call someone that. Degrading, derrogatory. It's just an interesting observation about the whole yang imbalance and how it reflects in our language. Very much in the same vein as Witch.

In certain rather violent street cultures the word bitch is routinely used to refer to a woman. This degradation of women- of the feminine- look at the violence and hate that emerges without Her soft touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3