topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Bug

There's a little stomach bug going around to a city near you. And me. And I got it. The fun started at 4am Friday morning. The night when Madame D was up every hour, then finally insisted on sleeping in bed with me.

I cannot remember the last time I was so ill. I was more functional right after my c-section. I was planning on working from home that day anyhow, so I had to call in sick from working from home. Thank all that is right and wonderful with the universe that Daya's sitter is right down the hall. This was very, very scary- I literally couldn't move. I haven't paid tithes to the Porcelain Gods since I was pregnant...and before that I cannot even recall. Thankfully it didn't last long, but M had to come get Daya that evening and keep her overnight because I was non-functional. Not safe for a toddler.

Being sick...I mean really, really ill, is the scariest part of being a single mom. Because there's no one else. I am so thankful for good friends. I am so thankful for my good health in general.

Saturday I was mostly better, and today I'm all better. So of course Daya has yet another stuffy nose and a borderline fever. This worked out in her favor though; she skipped her shot at the doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3