topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Toddler Mayhem

Daya's doing really well. 15 months old and she's almost half as tall as I am. Last night she slept through the night without any cold medicine. I really hope all those colds are over for a while. I read somewhere that vitamin D helps a lot. I'm going to try that.

She's had another mental development spurt, and she's into everything. Really, she's very cute and a lot of fun. Most of the time. She was not fun on Sunday when she put my keys in the bathtub and it took me a half hour to find them, forcing me to cancel plans.

I wasn't very happy about that, but I can't get mad at her or blame her...she's just being a toddler; that's what they do. What I CAN do is hang my keys in the hook in the coat closet and severely restrict her access.

Daya's into unpacking and stashing. And sharing. The other day I went to pick her up from the sitter, and F. was feedng her farina from the pan. Daya finished, and F. put the pan and the spoon down. Daya took the spoon and fed herself a few times, then she got some farina on the spoon and ran over to me to share.

Some things, though, I definitely do NOT want to share, like the half-eaten-already-chewed piece of cheese she picked up off the floor.

Oh, I'm going to see Stuart Wilde speak in Las Vegas in May. Am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3