topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Studio

The other day I finally unpacked my art stuff. I've been slowly working myself up to begin painting again. To finally make some progress in my Lands of Space series. To finally do a portrait of Daya.

And it starts with my least favorite task: cleaning my palette. I hate cleaning my palette. It's been sitting for almost a year and some of the paint piles are still wet underneath. :)

I wonder if I would get more work done if I painted in acrylic......I can go FAST in acrylic. But I hate glazing in acrylic, and the fast drying time is as much as curse as it is convenient. And I spend a lot of time trying to keep the palette from drying out. Oils teach me patience and they smell sooooo good. If there was a linseed oil room freshener I'd use it. Or maybe I'll get clever and put a little linseed oil in my oil burner. I guess, for me, it's like making pancakes- the low heat (slow drying time) and a little patience make much better results.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3