topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tackiest Presents Ever

Its holiday time, retail mayhem, tree holocausts, the crowds of buying stuff and stuff and more stuff and more stuff after that, and I hate it.

That's why I try and steer clear as much as possible.

But enough about my anti-holiday spirit...let's talk about gift giving!
Here is a list of the worst presents I've ever gotten. I'm very sorry to say that they all came from the same person.

*For my high school graduation I received an oven mitt, pot holder, and dish towel that said "Mi casa es su casa". Because I studied Spanish.

*For my college graduation I received (with a Wal-Mart sticker) a matted print tryptich of Anne Geddes baby photos wearing cactus hats. Because I like cacti.

The other thing that peeves me off about gift giving is the mindset that anything given MUST be attached to an occasion to justify it.

Giving should come from the heart, not obligation to an occasion.

And that's why I don't have a holiday list.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:14 PM

    I agree one million percent.

    And the list of bad gifts cracked me up. It sounds like the kind of justification my mom would provide when giving a gift.

    One year, she got my sister a set of bath towles with bright fish all over them. Because my sister had gone on Phish tour.
    My siste and I just die at her logic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3