topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, October 06, 2006

Tea Ceremony

One of the coolest things at working for a large global company is the diversity and cultural exchange. Though I have never had the opportunity to travel (yet!), I have always thrived in international settings, and most of my friends throughout my life have not been American.

Today the Asian employee group held traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony. For many years I have had a great love and appreciation for Japanese culture. In fact, the only thing I deeply miss about my marriage is the Kenjutsu. I miss it very deeply every single day. I used to have a dojo in my apartment. I loved it very much. When I was a small child, I used to pretend I was Japanese sometimes!

For tea ceremony, I even made an allowance in my no sugar rule, since before you take the tea you have a small sweet. Oh, it was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3