topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

2L or...2L

So I networked with some single moms in the area, and met one of them on Saturday. There is an available 2 bedroom apartment available right above her. It's a great apartment going for a really great price. Of course I was interested.

I told my landlord, and he offered me a one bedroom in his other building, for $80 more a month. Its a *huge* one bedroom. Did I say huge? Actually its bigger than the 2 bedroom and has 5 closets and a great kitchen and bathroom. And parquet floors. I tearfully have to change babysitters...the super's wife will watch Daya for $300 a month LESS than what I'm paying right now. And she's right down the hall. That almost offsets the increase in rent. There are several other factors as well (train, mail, laundry, elevator, friends close by, commute), so I am taking the one bedroom and will be moving sometime next month.

Both apartments are number 2L. I got chills when I heard that.

I am so, so, so excited to start living a decent quality of life. This is a huge upgrade for me. I'll have room for the bookshelves I desperately need. Even more importantly, I'll have a place to put Daya's clothing. And other basic furniture that I have no room for currently. Daya will have room to walk around.

And my cat will be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:00 AM

    Hooray for moving! I'm a big fan. Fresh starts and all that...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3