topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Resentment

I got an email from South Africa today. It was addressed to Daya, from her "family" there. It was a kind email, saying nice things about Daya and saying thank you for the pictures and emails.

And it pissed me off.

Because I am completely on my own (read: alone with no help in any way) in all things pertaining to raising and caring for Daya, it's really easy for me to forget that others claim her as family. No one is helping me shoulder the weight of it all. That feels so weird to me. I'm not used to "sharing" her, just by circumstance. Actually, I don't feel that way towards my own family, or friends, as they have contributed towards her well-being.

But her family in South Africa? For all their words they have done NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING for her.

So I don't care what they say. I go by actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3