topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, September 18, 2006

A Little Thing

It's amazing, how when you have a child memories come back that have been long-forgotten. Like pajamas with feet. The smell of baby shampoo.

The day after Daya was born (or the day after that?) a nurse came in to give Daya her first bath. I hadn't smelled the smell of baby shampoo in so many years, but I remembered it like yesterday. That was a very pleasant experience.

I want to give Daya happy memories that she may not even consciously remember, but that will form a deep foundation of a deep sense of contentment, peace, and well-being.

Many people have commented at how unusually happy and peaceful Daya is- she saves her mayhem-self for me. But it is true that she does have an extraordinary temperament. And though some of it is her nature, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have inner serenity (well, most of the time), and I think she picks up on that. Because, for all this year has brought me and what I have come through, I have a pretty low level of stress in general. Sometimes I slip, but then again, we're not meant to be perfect. But I do think that my mindset has a great impact on how Daya feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3