topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, May 20, 2005

Out of Whack

I'm filing this old Wetcanvas post to this blog, from April 18th, 2005


Very unfortunately, and to my great dismay, I have zero urge to paint these days. I do wish it weren't so, but I actually have a borderline physical reaction even thinking about it.   I'm now in my 10th week of pregnancy. and I'm praying that all this weirdness passes very, very soon. i'm so out of whack and have no creative energy...oh well I guess I do but it's being directed somewhere else...

I'm not even getting artistically excited over the things that generally put a fire under me to run to the easel.   I've long since given up on getting that wedding portrait done for next month; I only have 2 glaze layers done...but I know my friend will understand.

Honestly, this is the first time in my life that I can remember "reaching" for my inner artistic wellspring and that energy isn't there. It's really a very strange (and a bit unpleasant) feeling. A few months ago I was talking to my husband about how I almost...rely...on that wellspring and ability to be there...like a constant part of myself that I can always count on. So I am feeling very odd and eagerly awaiting its return. It's ironic, because I always thought this time would be a creative high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3